The Mustard Seed, Inc. will adhere to the following process for admitting and enrolling new clients.
All Potential Client Inquiries and Applications are only valid for 2 years.
1. Potential Client Inquiry must be submitted by a family member or guardian of the potential client to The Mustard Seed. During this inquiry phase, the family has an opportunity to get a general overview of The Mustard Seed’s program while conveying general information about the potential client to The Mustard Seed.
2. A visit to The Mustard Seed’s campus will be arranged for the family and potential client. This visit gives The Mustard Seed a chance to meet the potential client and for the family to get a more in-depth view of the program. These tours are set up for the first Thursday of each month at 1:30 PM. Your tour must be scheduled in advance through our Executive Director.
3. Upon completing the tour and visit, an Application for Admission to The Mustard Seed will be given to the family or guardian to complete in full and return to The Mustard Seed. This application must be received and reviewed by The Mustard Seed before moving forward with the Admission Process.
4. After reviewing the Application for Admission, The Mustard Seed will set up several half and full day visits for the potential client to spend in the day program. These visits will be at the discretion of the staff and will be scheduled at a time that is convenient for both The Mustard Seed and the family of the potential client.
5. If it appears that the potential client can thrive through the program and available resources of The Mustard Seed, the process will either move forward with enrollment, or if there is currently no availability, the potential client will be placed into a waiting pool of applicants.
6. Given that space is available, the enrollment process will begin. An additional Enrollment Package will be given to the family to be completed in full and returned to The Mustard Seed. Once this is returned, The Mustard Seed will set up a meeting to finish the admission process, including reviewing the Client Handbook, meeting with the Operations Director to establish a working business relationship, and answering any last questions for the family. At the end of this meeting, the start date will be set for the new Seedster to begin the program.
POTENTIAL CLIENT INQUIRY
2019 PROGRAM FEE SCALE
The Mustard Seed is a private 501(c)(3) and does not accept State or Federal funding (Medicaid/Medicare).
Fees for services generate approximately ¼ of the annual operating budget. The remaining ¾ of the operating revenue is generated through tax deductible contributions, donations, and proceeds from ceramic sales.
Full-Time Resident Double Room
$1,422.00.00 per month
Full-Time Resident Single Room
$1,751.00 per month
Day Program (5 days per week)
$610.00 per month
Day Program (4 days per week)
$557.00 per month
Day Program (3 days per week)
$472.00 per month
Day Program (2 days per week)
$361.00 per month
Day Program (1 day per week)
$187.00 per month
NOTE: Fridays are reserved for those Seedsters currently enrolled in two or more days per week.
The Mustard seed does not allow Seedsters to exchange or “make up” missed days due to an illness, personal matter, or Mustard Seed Closing.
In order to foster and maintain the family bond between the residents/clients and their families, The Mustard Seed closes for short periods of time during the year.
We believe that one of the best ways to prevent The Mustard Seed from developing an “institutional” feel is to maintain a close companionship and partnership with the families of our clients.
Family time is essential to the well-being of our Seedsters! Parents and family members are encouraged to come and visit on a regular basis and take their Seedster home for a weekend trip to visit family and friends. We have found that most behavioral problems are soon relieved when Seedsters are able to spend time with family.
Perhaps it is the nature of our unique partnership with families that sets The Mustard Seed apart from other programs and residences for adults with developmental disabilities.
General group home and day program closings fall around the following holidays: Good Friday/Easter/Easter Monday, Memorial Day, Labor Day (day program only), Independence Day (day program only), Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Year’s Day.
EARLY DROP OFF / LATE PICKUP
$25 per month or $50 per month
If your Seedster is enrolled in 1-2 days per week, the fee is $25 per month; however, if your Seedster is enrolled in 3-5 days per week, the fee is $50 per month.
Early drop-off begins at 7:00am and late pick-up ends at 6:00pm (5:00pm on Fridays). Early drop-off is at the Workshop. No meals are provided. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to charge additional fees if drop-off or pick-up times fall outside of scheduled times. Should the Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up service become misused, The Mustard Seed reserves the right to terminate enrollment in The Mustard Seed’s Day Program. This arrangement must be approved in advance by the Executive Director and is contingent upon space. *Day Program Clients that are dropped off before 8:20am and picked up after 4:30pm are subject to a fee.
Extra-curricular programs such as (but not limited to) Bells of Faith, Hoops Basketball, Challenger League Softball and Top Soccer may require additional expense. Information on these programs will be provided to the families. It will be the responsibility of the family to complete required registration forms and pay applicable fees to respective organizations.
$40.00 per day for Mondays-Thursdays / $50.00 per Friday
In some cases, your Seedster may be allowed to come an extra day; however, this arrangement must be approved in advance by both the Program Director and Executive Director and is contingent upon both space and scheduled activities for that day.
In the event a Seedster becomes sick and unable to attend the Day Program or Group Home activities or if the Seedster is contagious, family will be required to pick up the Seedster from The Mustard Seed’s campus. The Seedster may return when they have been free of fever and/or symptoms for a minimum of 24 hours and are deemed well enough to return to the group home and regular activity. It will be to the discretion of the campus nurse and/or Executive Director if the Seedster is able to return to regular Mustard Seed activities, and in some cases, a Doctor’s note may be required. Families may be subject to a fee should an additional staff be called to care for a Seedster while the family is in route to The Mustard Seed.
OFF CAMPUS TRANSPORTATION AND AFTER-HOURS CALLS/TEXTS:
$30 for first hour / $25 for additional hours or part thereof
Off campus transportation for an individual is normally the responsibility of the family of the individual client. However, at the request and with permission of the family, transportation may be provided by a staff member of The Mustard Seed. These trips may include medical related visits, transportation to a family member’s home or a place of public transportation, etc. Other needs for transportation may be requested by those responsible for the individual client. During working hours, a Mustard Seed vehicle will be used. During off times, the responsible employee may use his/her personal vehicle if so desired. There will be a fee of $30.00 for the first hour or part thereof and a fee of $25.00 per additional hour or part thereof. This fee covers transportation costs and employee’s time; however, this fee does not cover parking fees, meals, etc. which will be an additional charge included on your bill.
After-hours calls or texts may incur a fee at the rate of $30.00 for the first hour or part thereof and $25.00 per additional hour or part thereof.
Payment of fees for all programs via bank draft is preferred. Recurring credit card payments are also available; however, a Credit Card Transaction Fee of 3% will be added to each monthly payment. Paperwork for setting up bank drafting and recurring credit card payments is available in your Enrollment Packet or may be obtained by visiting the Director of Operations. All fees are expected to be paid at the beginning of each month for that month of service. Payments should be received in the office no later than the 15th of each month. Payments received after the 15th of the month are subject to a late fee of $25.00.
The family will be notified if payment is late or missing for a month. If payments are not received for two consecutive months, the client will not be allowed to return until the fees for the prior two months are paid in full. Additionally, The Mustard Seed reserves the right to require advance payments for multiple months or hold several post-dated checks on file if payments are missed or are erratic on a regular basis.
By accepting payment after the due date of any client fees and/or expenses, The Mustard Seed shall not be deemed to waive its right to require prompt payment when due of all future client fees and/or expenses. No course of dealing or conduct shall be effective to amend, modify, release or change any provisions of these policies.
$50.00 per night (24 hour period)
This service is offered to current Day Program clients and is available in 24-hour increments from the time dropped off until the time picked up. Respite care arrangements must be worked out with the Executive Director and will be contingent upon available space and impact on group home dynamics. Both residences are at capacity at this time, thus service is limited as temporary space is available.
"...if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
- Matthew 17:20
(601) 992-3556 | 1085 Luckney Road | Brandon, MS 39047
OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
GIFT SHOP HOURS: 9:00am-4:00pm and Second Saturdays 10:00am-3:00pm